General discussion
May 21, 2004 at 06:10 AM
kenlea1

Avoid Reactivation of Office 2003 ?

by kenlea1 . Updated 22 years, 3 months ago

Since I am still fiddling with my home network, and have set some things on my Win2000 Server that I don’t yet know how to change without a format/reinstall, I need to somehow preserve the security/activation of my Office 2003 installation on the Server (have run out of new licences). Will the Office 2003 installation recognise it is being reinstalled on the same machine and not require re-Activation? Or will simply backing up my Server (only one HDD, so need to Backup to another PC, so no System State backup possible)preserve the Activation when I Restore to a new Server2000 installation? Or could I do a complete (System) Backup onto the C: drive, then copy the file to another PC, format the C: drive, reinstall 2000 Server, then Office, and copy the file back, then Restore? Help needed:)

This discussion is locked

All Comments