Question

Award bios does not detect ASUS Crw 5224 Cdburner properly

By dirk.devisch ·
Hi,
I'm assembling a legacy pc based on some left over parts i have lying around. My motherboard is FIC PA 2013 , and i'm adding an ASUS cd burner CRW 5224 to it on the second IDE channel. During boot up the Bios does not detect the drive properly. It 'sort of detects it but not completely. The bios does not display the proper name of the drive, the size and UDMA settings are not detected. I'm pretty sure the IDE cables are ok and with another (philips CD drive ) everything works ok.
I'm wondering if i need to upgrade my BIOS in order for this to work. (my current bios is PA-2013 PCB 2.0 - BIOS Update - 1.13JI11 )
I read that there have been problems with the UDMA detection with this motherboard).

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Might Be Worth It

by TheChas In reply to Award bios does not detec ...

Looking at the BIOS listing on FIC's web site, it looks like your board does have a very old BIOS.

http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/bios.aspx?model_id=18

Just make sure to use a version that is for the hardware revision of the motherboard you have.

Keep in mind, that even with the latest BIOS release, your CDRW drive might just be too new for this motherboard.

Chas

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)