General discussion

Bad profiles in Win2000

By Xaeryth ·
I have a user that is unable to view .jpg files on a Win2000 Pro computer. They keep getting an error that there is no registry entry for that file type. Every other user has no problem so it is localized to one user (the one that needs this to work). In NT4, I would simply rename that user's profile to username.old so that when they log in again it creates a new profile then I could copy their previous profile settings into the new one. This isn't as cut and dry in Win2000. I need 1) a way to create a new profile for the user without losing the old one or 2) a fix to allow them to view .jpg files. Thanks in advance for all replies. -Corey Hitchcock

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Bad profiles in Win2000

by Xaeryth In reply to Bad profiles in Win2000

BTW, I have tried to remove/reassign the file extension as well as reinstall MS Photo Editor but neither of these worked. -Corey Hitchcock

Collapse -

Bad profiles in Win2000

by pherr In reply to Bad profiles in Win2000

To set a new profile just move the old one to a temp file and have them logon. Than copy the old info into the new profile, don't know if this will solve the jpg thing or not?

Collapse -

Bad profiles in Win2000

Sorry but this still doesn't offer the desired effect. The user is still, somehow, using their profile and not creating a new one????

Collapse -

Bad profiles in Win2000

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

Bad profiles in Win2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)