Question

BIOS Not Recognizing MRX-530L DVD - DVD Recorder

By lj55 ·
I installed a Memorex DVD+-DVD RAM MRX-530L v1. ATA Device. It was initally recognized in the BIOS but now it's not. It's working properly I'm not getting any system error beeps on Start-up. It's listed in the Device Manager. BIOS firmware is up to date and so are the recorders drivers. Is there anyway to fix this or since it's working properly just leave it alone?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Wait what?

by Brenton Keegan In reply to BIOS Not Recognizing MRX- ...

"Is there anyway to fix this or since it's working properly just leave it alone?"

What makes you think it's not recognized by the BIOS?

Collapse -

Bios

by lj55 In reply to Wait what?

After I installed the recorder I then went into the bios. It was recognized. When I Started the computer today it wasn't listed. All it said Primary Secondary Not Installed.

Collapse -

System error

by lj55 In reply to BIOS Not Recognizing MRX- ...

System error beep on start up has returned.

Collapse -

Issue Resolved

by lj55 In reply to BIOS Not Recognizing MRX- ...

Went into the Device Manager. Uninstalled the device then rebooted let the operating system detect the device the drivers were installed. Went into the BIOS a few times and the device is recognized each time I went into the BIOS. That didnt work. I finally made the Memorex DVD+-RW the Primary IDE Master and the DVD ROM the Primary IDE Slave and it's recognized in the BIOS consistantly. The E:\Memorex DVD+-RW F:\LITON DVD ROM.

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)