Question

Blackberry PDA access with Microsoft Exchange 2007

By rdg ·
My company does not have a RIM server and I have been using my Blackberry with its Exchange Server flawlessly for the past two years via the usual PDA sign-up through T-Mobile. Recently they upgraded to the most recent version of Microsoft Exchange Server and all of us Blackberry users were knocked off the system. Despite my correspondence with T-Mobile and RIM, they don't seem to care about this issue. Our IT people say that the new version of Microsoft Exchange Server supports ActiveSync only, and that's why we were knocked off. Due to cost they have made the business decision to not support Blackberry. Is there any hope of using Blackberry with the new version of Exchange Server via the usual PDA sign-up with T-Mobile?
Thanks
RD

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I don't think so but this may be of some help

by OH Smeg In reply to Blackberry PDA access wit ...
Collapse -

Email via BB PDA

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Blackberry PDA access wit ...

You cannot use Blackberry <i>directly</i> with Exchange but you can indirectly.

There are two ways:
a) Use a RIM server.
b) Set up a Email account with your Blackberry provider and then forward mail from your Exchange account to your provider's email account which you can then receive on your Blackberry.

Ideally, I would use a PDA that supports ActiveSync. Even the iPhone 2.0 or later has Exchange ActiveSync support now.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)