Question

Blue lines printing on B/W document on Lexmark x6150 (XP SP2 OS)

By ADarkAria ·
Hi all...

I'm running into a couple of issues with a Lexmark x6150. Recently it started printing blue horizontal lines across each page at 1/4" intervals (so down the whole document from left to right margins) -- but am requesting print in black and white. Also, is anyone having printing problems when using Google Chrome? I mean unable to print at all? Don't have this issue with Firefox. O.S. is XP SP2. Any thoughts? Thx!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I would suggest rerunning

by OH Smeg In reply to Blue lines printing on B/ ...

The Printer Setup Process from the Maintains Section under the Device Proprieties.

This can be called something like Print Head Alignment or something similar it sets not only the Nozzles but adjusts the color Intensity which could be the problem here particularly when you try to print scanned images. If that doesn't fix this you could try reinstalling the newest driver available here

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=answers&startover=y&question=Lexmark+X6150+Troubleshooting&locale=EN&productCode=LEXMARK_X6150&segment=DOWNLOAD&userlocale=EN_AU#2

or check the Users Manual which is available here if you have lost the one that came with the printer

http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/x6100/eng/ug.pdf

But if none of that works I would suspect that the unit needs replacing. It's cheaper to buy new rather than attempting to repair these All in One Devices.

Of course if this is still Under Guarantee I would contact the Warranty Agent listed on the Guarantee Form for a solution.

Col

Collapse -

Hey Col...thanks for response!

by ADarkAria In reply to I would suggest rerunning

Tried both...re-alignment and driver update. Not seeing a difference. It is an older unit and probably might be easier to simply replace. It's worked like a trooper till a couple of weeks ago -- then suddenly...

Thanks for your help!

-Jane-

Collapse -

Well try the suggestion below

by OH Smeg In reply to Hey Col...thanks for resp ...

If it's still printing the blue Lines I would say that the Electronics are failing but it could still be a driver issue if it's working properly on the Self test.

Col

Collapse -

Does it print the blue lines from a Hardware self-test ?

by robo_dev In reply to Blue lines printing on B/ ...

How to Perform the Hardware Test on the Lexmark X5150 (maybe also 6150??)

Using the operator panel on the printer:
1. Press the Option button 10 times until Cartridges appears on the LED display.
2. Press the + button 4 times until Self test appears on the LED Display.
3. Press Select. The printer should print a sheet of paper with one black bar and one grey bar.

Back to Browser Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)