Question

Blue screen error 0x0000007e

By kingster1999 ·
I am trying to reload my pc with XP home edition. I get the blue screen with the error 0x0000007e (0x80000003, 0xf797cc31,0xf797cb34, oxf797c830

if anyone can be of help please email me directly at kingster1999@yahoo.com

thanks

James

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Well this answers the BSOD Message

by OH Smeg In reply to Blue screen error 0x00000 ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

But if you are reloading from a OEM Disc as apposed to a System Makers Recovery Disc you should only receive that message after you have drivers loaded.

However if you are using a System Makers Recovery Disc from different Hardware that message is appearing because the Slipstreamed Recovery Disc only has drivers for the Hardware it was designed for and not the hardware you are attempting to install it on.

OH and as this is a Public Forum I would advise you to Edit your Question and remove your E-Mail address if you don't you'll get your in box filled with spam as the Bots that roam the net will harvest your E-Mail address and sell it on to as many spammers who are willing to pay for it.

Col

Collapse -

Blue Screen

by dmiles In reply to Blue screen error 0x00000 ...

Stop 0x0000007E error
After Windows XP upgrade, you might receive the following Stop error message when the computer starts:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x804E518E, 0xFC938104, 0xFC937E04) SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

What may cause 0x0000007E stop error?
0x0000007E stop error might occur if a system thread generates an exception that the error handler does not catch. This exception can be caused by any of the following:
?If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup or after Setup is complete, the computer might not have sufficient hard disk space to run Windows XP.
?The computer BIOS might be incompatible with Windows XP, or it might have to be updated.
?The video adapter drivers might be incompatible with Windows XP.
?A device driver or a system service might be damaged.
?If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it might be caused by a third-party remote control program.
0x0000007E Windows Error: Solutions and Fixes
Solution 1: Make sure that you have sufficient hard disk space
First, make sure that you have sufficient hard disk space. The Stop error can be caused by insufficient hard disk space.

If you can use safe mode or the Recovery Console to start the computer, delete any unnecessary temporary files, Internet cache files, program backup files, and files that contain saved file fragments from disk scans (.chk files). You can also install Windows XP on another hard disk that has more free space.

If you cannot start the computer, go to the next method to update the computer BIOS.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)