By Wizard-09 ·
Hello All,

I need to setup a wireless bridge so i can connect a printer that is in another room, this is what i plan to do.

Setup a wireless router/bridge on the desktop and then setup another wireless router but have it setup as a bridge to the wireless router/bridge setup on the computer is this the best way to go about this or is there another way, it would take a huge amount of cable to wire it in so this is my option at the min.

Anyone another ideas on how i can do this, sorry but read my last post below as it tells the full story.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

All depends on the printer, and how the desktop connects to internet

by robo_dev In reply to Bridge

What type of printer?

Some printers do not work well with any sort of print server.

Assuming you have a normal wired ethernet switch with the desktop PC plugged into it, then you would want:
ethernet switch ---wlan access point
wireless print server---printer

if you already have a wireless router, then
wireless print server---printer

if your printer supports an internal wireless print server, that would be the best.

If you really need to extend the LAN into the next room you could install a pair of wireless bridges, then use a wired print server attached to the printer.

Or alternately, a wireless bridge attached to your primary wireless router, if that's what you have

Collapse -

full story

by Wizard-09 In reply to All depends on the printe ...

The desktop in qustion is a pos till running win xp, it is connected via rj45 cable to the network with a printer attached.

We have another printer in the other room that needs to print out what is coming out of the 1st printer with food orders don't have a print server as these are till printers

Thanks for the help

Related Discussions

Related Forums