General discussion

Brother 2460 printer

By gne46 ·
I have a Brother 2460 with 2 paper trays set up in three small branch offices. one tray prints production documents, the other tray prints checks. The printer is networked and DHCP is active. Windows 2003 Server is providing DHCP Service. The print jobs are set up through printer preferences. My problem is the printer preferences are not stable and change with time and/ or during print jobs. Work stations are running WinXP Pro. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to Brother 2460 printer

Hi

I've never used a Brother 2460, but there are normally default settings you can stipulate on the printer itself. For example, you should be able to specify that Tray one holds X sized paper and tray 2 holds Y sized paper. When unexpected paper sizes are received it should then default to the size the tray contains.

Also, do the users have permission to manage the printer? Can they change their driver settings and hold them?

Good luck

Collapse -

by cp7212 In reply to Brother 2460 printer

We support HPs, but have you checked in the properties of the printer for a save settings function or a tick box that "Restores to default settings", or both? I ask because if your printers drop off the network, DHCP, and pick up a different IP address, the printers may return to default settings. Have you tried statically assigning your printer an IP address?

Collapse -

by RCOM In reply to Brother 2460 printer

I would say you need to assign the trays from the printers control panel as opposed to printer properties.
Agree with the issue of assigning a static IP address within the allowed range of to the printer.

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)