General discussion

Browser Error 8032

By denniss01 ·
Has anyone found a fix for this error?
Thanks!

Description:
The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{0AFABB25-0679-4EC2-B4C0-981CD8A2F2BC}. The backup browser is stopping.
Data: 0000: 3a 00 00 00 :...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by eansor In reply to Browser Error 8032

Dennis-

I have seen this error before. While I don't off the top of my head know the solution, I would like to offer a helpful tip, if I may. It sounds like the text you have presented here is right out of event viewer. If you are not already aware, you can use the event id number at eventid.net and come right up with the explanation of and usually the solution to your problem. You might already know about eventid.net, but a subscription here has saved me countless hours of research. You can use the site for free, but cross reference to microsoft.com knowledge base costs a subscription fee, which I believe is about $15/year. Well worth it, imho. Hope this helps.

Gary Douglas. President
NetWorking!, Inc.
Edgewood, NM

Collapse -

by denniss01 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by eansor In reply to Browser Error 8032

Okay, let's try this again, but I'm going to have to send you a bill, Dennis...

I entered your error string into the Microsoft Knowledge Base advanced search feature and came up with a potential solution for you. You might take a look and see if it applies to your issue:

Knowldege Base Article 135404

Multihomed Master Browser May Cause Event ID 8021 and 8032
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0

This article was previously published under Q135404
SYMPTOMS
Your computer running Microsoft Windows NT or Windows 2000 may occasionally log one or more of the following events in the Event Viewer System log:

Event id: 8021
Source: Browser
Description: The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master <PDC> on the network \device\<protocol_netcard>. The data is the error code.
-or-

Event id: 8032
Source: Browser
Description: The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport of <protocol_netcard>. The backup browser is stopping.

go to the KB and search for this article. It might be your problem. Good luck.

Eansor

Collapse -

by denniss01 In reply to

Thanks for the response. However, I've searched on these events IDS on Microsoft's site weeks ago. None of there solutions have correct the problem. What I did find from your previous answer was the possibility that Netbuei running on a machine may cause this. I do have Netbuei running and am in the process of discovering if it is necessary for any of our systems.

Collapse -

by denniss01 In reply to Browser Error 8032

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)