Question

Can Access 2007 Runtime end users update the database?

By skated0rk ·
First of all I don't have Access 2007. I am however about to upgrade just myself and maybe later my 40-60 end users. I am thinking about installing the runtime version on all the computers except mine because I will be the only person doing developement with access. The Access forms do not only select from the database but it adds data. Will the Access 2007 runtime users be able to use the forms to update the database on the microsoft sql server?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Yes.

by rintuttle In reply to Can Access 2007 Runtime e ...

You are able to add data while in 2007 runtime mode. You are not, however, able to change the configuration or design of the database. Runtime is strictly for data entry and report generation; which is the primary objective for most end-users.

Collapse -

Sure

by loubonnett In reply to Can Access 2007 Runtime e ...

ACC runtime will, by and large, work exactly like the regular .accdb version save for the ability to to create or modify objects. End users will be able to create and update records to your backend file. I suppose you might have some issues if your running make table queries though. Also, runtime versions don't display the default access ribbon or shortcut menus, so you'll have to design your own. It was a bit of a pain switching from the ease of menu customization to ribbons, but I got the hang of it after a few days. I hated the ribbon at first, but now that I've been able to design some really nice custom ribbons, I really like them.

Collapse -

Database Strategy

by vramdass In reply to Sure

Hi, not sure if this is the correct forum but here's my issue...
I have an Access 2007 app.
How do I go about -
acquiring and implementing the runtime software - I read somewhere that the
developer components or some other software can be downloaded for free only for Access 2007 - is this correct? What are the links?

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums