Question

Can I configure 2 ISP on Cisco router 871?

By dejan ·
Can I configure 2 ISP on Cisco router 871?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I don't think so

by robo_dev In reply to Can I configure 2 ISP on ...

The 871 only has one WAN interface (ethernet), and one IP address associated with that interface. There are dual-WAN routers, but the 871 is not one of those.

You can use the aux port on the 871 with a dial-up modem for backup, but that's limited to serial-port speeds.

Collapse -

Sub Interfaces?

by k_zoar In reply to Can I configure 2 ISP on ...

There may only be one physical WAN port, but does it support sub-interfaces? From what I have read it does. Assuming that I wasn't lied to you will want to configure two sub-interfaces, give them IP addresses, assign dot1q tags to each, run cable from 871 WAN port to an Ethernet switch, trunk the port on the switch, make sure that the vlans exist on that switch, hook two feeds from ISPs up to switch, assign appropriate vlan to each.

If you are not getting an Ethernet feed, for example if you are getting DSL, you will be hooking up the switch to the two modems coming from the ISPs etc...

It should not be any harder than that, and there is plenty of documentation out there with the specific commands. If for some reason it does not support sub-interfaces on the WAN port see if there is an IOS upgrade that addresses this.

Collapse -

can u help me , that i have 2 WAN i.p addresses and 1 outer

by engineer_2002 In reply to Can I configure 2 ISP on ...

can u help me , that i have 2 WAN i.p addresses and 1 CISCO Rotuer 7500 vxr .

what will be the configuration if one line down, auto matically 2 link would be up . without changing any thing?

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)