General discussion

Cannot connect to Windows 2000 Server

By mzhalee ·
I am having problem to get access from client pc's (Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP) to Windows 2000 server. This only happend if I'm in the different segment with the server segment. For example when i'm try to get connected from windows xp client pc, i can see the server name but if i'm 2x click it, nothing appear in the next window. I'm already upgrade to win xp sp2. If i'm using windows 2000 and windows 98 to find the server, nothing appeared. Please help. Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by adembo In reply to Cannot connect to Windows ...

Maybe you just need to add a route statement to be able to find the server.

Collapse -

by UtherPendragon In reply to Cannot connect to Windows ...

I would agree with that, if you are in the same segment its ok i presume, so router issues would be the first place to look

Collapse -

by braveh4rt In reply to Cannot connect to Windows ...

if you are in different segment, your client pc must have route to the server address.. and if your router implement a firewaling, you must open the access to make the 2 segment communicate..
i think you must open the Netbios service .

what router you are using?

hope help

Collapse -

by t165 In reply to Cannot connect to Windows ...

You might try just addidng the dns servers and their respective addresses to the TCP/IP configuration. Also is DHCP and DNS enabled on the segment that these computers are located on? There is also the Active directory add-on package for Win9X computers. By the way I am not looking for points I am just trying to help with this post.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)