Question

Cannot grab the Title Bar in Full Screen Excel 2007

By howard.schwartz ·
unlike all the other office (and windows 7) programs, in Excel 2007, I cannot drag the title bar when it is in noraml full screen. I can double-click it and I can "WINDOWS KEY-RIGHT ARROW, and all the other combinations. I don't know why Excel is acting differently than all my other programs. Help

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

More info req'd - How are you starting it? Try direct..

by cmatthews In reply to Cannot grab the Title Bar ...

..from the source folder and see if it's the same. What you describe is normal behavior, however it may not be compatible with the snap feature?? I suppose you've already looked at the windows properties?

Collapse -

by howard.schwartz In reply to Cannot grab the Title Bar ...

Where I open Excel from makes no difference. I'm not quite sure what you are referring to about Windows properties. I went thru the Excel property settings and they are the same as Word,Outlook etc This only happens with Excel, not any other Office 2007 file. All the snap features work using the keyboard, and even double-click of the mouse on the Title Bar works. But I cannot perform a drag on the title bar in normal full screen mode

Collapse -

That's normal max'ed window behavior, so why not resize..

..to something almost max'ed but still movable? It's possible on certain other apps win7's windowing and edge functions take over. I just hate it when OS's start dumbing-down and making decisions for me..

When you right-click on the excel icon and go to properties, the shortcut has RUN options for how it is to start.

On Linux with Compiz, with all the snap, crackle and pop stuff, I quickly find myself asking is this all worth it?

Collapse -

by howard.schwartz In reply to That's normal max'ed wind ...

I don't think it's "normal" when every other application window, both in Office and otherwise, allows AEROSNAP like actions from full screen. The first part of AEROSNAP when you are using a mouse drag is that the window goes from full screen to a reduced size. On Excel, my full screen is locked as far as mouse dragging is concerned (I think I said all this before). Perhaps I am not understanding what you are telling me.

I am not looking for a workaround, as it's not really a problem to me. I am just trying to understand why it doesn't work only on Excel, and not anywhere else.

Collapse -

Some digging shows this was a problem in Beta too..

Collapse -

Life Goes On

by howard.schwartz In reply to Some digging shows this w ...

Oh well, so be it. I also saw other posts about this problem. For me, it's only Excel 2007, not any of the other office programs. You would think after 3 years "in the wild" they would have fixed it. I appreciate your feedback on the problem

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)