General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Cannot install office 2003

by forums ·

I cannot install office 2003 on my new laotop. It says installation files corruptes. Is there any way, we can fix it easily .

P.S : i have installed the same office on my desktop and it worked.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

A Couple of Other Points….

by cbalness ·

In reply to Cannot install office 2003

Before you try to troubleshoot the install, step back and look at two other (at least) more important questions…

i. Does the laptop fulfill the system requirements for Office 2003 ?? Microsofts new packages are starting to get a little “demanding” for hardware and trying to install Office 2003 on a 266 Mhz Laptop with 64 Mbs of Memory may be a “no can do”.

ii. Office 2003 has an activation process like Windows XP so depending on the EULA you may not be able to install it on 2 machines. If you are lucky they may have a provision for installing it on one “work” pc and one “home” pc.

All things being equal, if the CD didn’t get scratched and the optical drive works in the laptop, and there are enough free resources (memory and HD space)there should be no issues with the install.

Can we get make/model/stats on the laptop please ??

Reply To: Cannot install office 2003

by forums ·

In reply to A Couple of Other Points….

compaq pressariov2000 . This is a corporate version . I have installed on many machines and could get to install on mine .

I shall try to install from myhard disk. copying all files on there and send u a post again

Notes of IT networking & O.S.

by amol.22kar ·

In reply to Cannot install office 2003

I have all updated NewsNotes of IT networking & O.S.

Viewing 1 reply thread