Question

Canon Bj 4300 printing only line not text

By bean2473 ·
I'm in dire straights here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Canon bjc 4300 printer the printer is printing small blocks og colored lines--and that's it. From any document it will only print these horizontal lines. I'm using windows XP- I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled with no errors.
I really need to get this fixed as i have reports due. (Pulling my hair out)

Thank you so much for any help in advance

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

By the sounds of your Description

by OH Smeg In reply to Canon Bj 4300 printing on ...

The printer is locked in some form of Test Mode.

Try opening the Maintains Tab of the Printer in the Printers & Fax Window and see if you can clear it from there.

Failing that you may be required to read the User Manual to see how to unlock the printer. Or try these Instructions

Canon BJC-210, BJC-240, BJC-250, BJC-255, BJC-265
Canon BJC-4100, BJC-4200, BJC-4300, BJC-4400, BJC-4550, BJC-4650
1. Unplug Power Cord
2. Hold POWER and RESUME buttons
3. Plug in Power Cord
4. Release buttons
5. Open front door of printer
6. Hold the CARTRIDGE and RESUME buttons
7. Press POWER
8. Release all buttons after the beeps
9. Press CARTRIDGE once
10. Press RESUME

Col

Collapse -

hmm still not working

by bean2473 In reply to By the sounds of your Des ...

Thank you so much for trying to help me- it's still printing just lines-even on the test page it's just black and colored line..Is this fixable?

Collapse -

Are these coloured lines - Composite or Primary...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to hmm still not working

By that I mean, you said "it's still printing just lines-even on the test page it's just black and colored line."

So does that mean that you can invoke a Test Page print (as opposed to trying to print a document) from the Canon control screen?

If the coloured lines are printing in Primary mode (Yellow, Magenta, Cyan, + Kohl) - is one of the colours missing?

Canon used to have a 'telltale' system that would invoke the sort of output you are getting, if one (or more) of the ink units had become dislodged. The colour that was missing being the 'telltale' indicator.

Try removing all the cartridges en masse, then reinserting them CAREFULLY.

Collapse -

Colored lines-

by bean2473 In reply to Are these coloured lines ...

Ok here is the break down- if I try to print regular text, say from note bad it prints colored blocks-all the colors it prints one on each side of the top of the page and one on the bottom middle. When I try to print the demo page from the software it prints what looks like the text pattern but instead of text it's printing a yellow line then a red line and the rest is a big black box with all the colors mixed in.

Thank you to those who are helping me you're lifesavers!

Collapse -

So you're NOT getting a blue line are you? ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Colored lines-

As I suggested in my last post:

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-7343-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=281266&messageID=2662390

So, have you given ALL the ink cartridges some TLC yet?

Collapse -

No blue line but...

by bean2473 In reply to So you're NOT getting a b ...

both ink cartridges are new. I cleaned to print head as well. Also, I tried a different bjc 4300 driver (windows xp driver) and that driver caused the printer to not print at all, it would act like it was printing but nothing appeared on the paper, so I switched it back. I figured colored blocks were better than nothing.

Collapse -

If you choose to IGNORE my suggestions that's your choice ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to No blue line but...

But I thought you were looking for a solution.

Ah well, you obviously know best.

Collapse -

Wow-- I DID do as you suggested...

by bean2473 In reply to Are these coloured lines ...

it obviously didn't work....

Collapse -

It ain't 'obvious' if you don't tell us so ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Wow-- I DID do as you sug ...

Y'see "No blue line but...
both ink cartridges are new."

Doesn't suggest to me that you removed the cartridges and reset them again. I can only go by what you tell me, I'm not psychic.

However, if as you say you "tried a different bjc 4300 driver (windows xp driver) and that driver caused the printer to not print at all, it would act like it was printing but nothing appeared on the paper, so I switched it back." - I thought you had a Windows XP system ? So which printer driver did you switch BACK to then, if it's not the XP driver ???

Collapse -

I switched back to canon drivers

by bean2473 In reply to It ain't 'obvious' if you ...

I switched it back to the original canon driver.
Please,I'm not trying to make enemies here i'm just trying to get some badly needed help. So, with that being said I am following everyone's directions to try to fix this printer.