General discussion

Canon BJ S450 - Cartridge Carrier Clng

By rlb1956 ·
Can the carriers which hold the inkjet cartridges be dissaembled and cleaned. Have an S450 BJ with no black ink output-everything else checks okay. Appreciate any help. Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by MallardtooXX In reply to Canon BJ S450 - Cartridge ...

I would imagine you could. Is the nozzle clogged? Check teh printhead and see if you can remove it easily, if so then clean it and reinstall it or just buy a new one. also avoid erfills and off brand ink, it may clog the nozzles too. good luck

Collapse -

by rlb1956 In reply to Canon BJ S450 - Cartridge ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Canon BJ S450 - Cartridge ...

I don't know about the S450, but every tech that I know of that has tried cleaning the print heads on the older Canon printers has ended up buying a new cartridge.

The problem is the solvents required to disolve the dried ink will also disolve the plastic housing.

I have used 1 printer where it was EASY to clean the printhead. The Xerox XJ series inkjets had the most water soluble ink I have seen.
I was able to fully clean any clogged printhead by simply soaking it overnight in tap water.

The less water soluble the dried ink is, the less your chances of cleaning the printhead without agressive solvents.

Chas

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)