General discussion

Canon (BJC5100) on Windows 2000

By apesan ·
Hi all, my Canon BJC 5100 does not work on windows 2000 server or advanced server. i've downloaded drivers from canon's support center but to no avail. fyi, the driver is never certified by microsoft and the release has never been changed since june2000.
technically, the driver works on first install and never again after reboot. the eroor is, 'can't communicate with printer'. removing and reinstalling does not help.
also, contacting canon help center is useless via email. please advice. (have anyone tried driverworks by numega?) thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Canon (BJC5100) on Window ...

Canon did not release a driver update to support WIN2K in time of release,any driver that is compatible to your printer and WIN2K the driver from the previous model BJC5000 should work,try downloading drivers from the following sites
www.driver.com
www.driverforum.com
www.drivershq.com

Collapse -

by apesan In reply to Canon (BJC5100) on Window ...

sorry, previous drivers doesn't help (fyi, the driver applies to the whole BJC 5000 series).
btw, i forgot, the driver which includes D300NTGX.dll causes system wide crash in micorsoft word (i'm not sure if it's the same in the suite)
blue screenin win2k imagine! the driver forums are the same as the canon's. i need at least an emulation of the printer.

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Canon (BJC5100) on Window ...

Try going to www.driverguide.com
They have bulletin boards and other useful information for all kinds of drivers.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by chep In reply to Canon (BJC5100) on Window ...

I had the same problem. Here's how to fix it.
Go into Printers from the start menu/settings route. Delete any BJC5100 printer that may appear there. Expand the file you downloaded and copy all the expanded files onto a floppy. Then copy all the *.DLL, *.INF and *.CNT files to:
C:\WINNT\system32\drivers. Don't wory, there are no duplicate files. Next, follow th instructions that came with the driver, and when you get to the window where you can choose your printer, make sure yo don't do anything except click "Have Disk". When it prompts you for the *.INF file, select the
OEMSetup.inf file, Pick the BJC5100 and let it go through the setup and answer yes to everything. When you reboot, PnP might find the printer. Go through the install newdevice wizard and when it asks you to pick the device, pick printers and Cannon and your printer will appear in the list now since you copied those files into Window's driver directory. Pick the one for the BJC5100 (the one with no % signs in the name)
and continue. Windows will tell you that it can't verify that the driver is correct, but install it anyway. After that, you should have no problems with the printer.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)