General discussion

Canon i560 Nightmare

By claudethecrow_1 ·
I have recently re-installed win xp pro on a friends pc. I have re-installed the printer that many time, i have lost count. I un-installed it and re-started the pc and the icon "New Hardware Found" never came up. I installed it again thru the add new hardaware but when I went to print I got the error message that it wouldn't print the document even though it seems the instruction was sent to the printer. Only once when I uninstalled it and plugged the usb cable into the pc did the add new hardware come up, when I shut the pc down it didn't find the printer again? Can anyone help with this nightmare that I am having, as of course the client keeps reminding me that "everything was working before" which is a nice thing to hear whe your ready to throw the thing in the sea.....

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to Canon i560 Nightmare

Several things may be the problem.
First, in the printer -- properties of the printer, make sure the port is set to 'USB'.

In the bios, you may need to enable 'legacy USB'

other than that, try swapping the USB cable, it may have been damaged.
If those dont help, let us know

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Canon i560 Nightmare

If I remember correctly with the i560 Canon's you have to install the Software & Drivers before you plug in the printer or it will not find the Port that the printer is connected to.

Once you install the Drivers & Software you can then plug the printer in and turn it on and Windows should then throw up the New Hardware Wizard Found and setup the printer properly.

Col

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Canon i560 Nightmare

Hal has it. Canon, HP Epson all say install the software first before connecting the thing to the computer. If XP doesn't see the new hardware when you connect it to a USB port, try another port.

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)