Question

Canon Laser Class3175MS IP Change

By vinsonhalermavis ·
I have a Canon Laser Class 3175MS that I need to change the IP on due to a network upgrade/migration. I can get to the ethernet menu but there are no options to change the IP. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I don't know this particular unit but with the Image Runner Series

by OH Smeg In reply to Canon Laser Class3175MS I ...

The Users Manual has the answer for this. With the IR Series you need to go to the Units control panel from the computer and reset the IP Address in the Canon unit. There are several Install Disc's provided with the IR's and the main one allows you to enter the Printers Front End and reset the IP if required.

I hope that is of some assistance to you but you really need the Manual for this. The instructions are in the Initial Setup Section of the users Manual. It should give you a starting point though. Failing that Canon would be able to provide all the assistance required.

Col

Collapse -

More info here for your printer...

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/printer/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.printers.cutSheetPrinters/com.ibm.printers.20607590105ethernettringconfig/etr1mst277.htm
I do not know if it will work though, i have looked and found that on some tech sites that there is no way of doing it. But then the other option is to reprogram the chip inside the printer.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Back to Peripheral Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)