General discussion

Locked

Canon MultiPass C3500

By Tanya O'Brien ·
My Canon MultiPass C3500 was freezing after I had got my computer back from the repair shop. My mother board had been replaced.
I reformated and installled windows 98 again. It is not freezing now. It is acting like there is no communicattion between the computer and the printer. I have replaced the cord and still not working. What else can I do? I can not afford to put it in the shop right now.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by shiny_topadm In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500

Hi, Of course, the first standard answer is to see that you have installed the correct, latest driver from Canon (in the recommended sequence). I'd start with the Canon CD. Since you mentioned replacing the cord, a) did you check (see MB docs) to verify that your printer port supports bi-directional communications (and that it's active); and b)your new cable is (to quote from Canon,)"bi-directional parallel cable IEEE 1284-compliant"? A "plain" old standard parallel printer cable won't work with this device. I know the C3500 does everything, but do you have any other devices (modem, printer, scanner, etc.) installed? If so, check the Device Manager for conflicts. Good luck, I hope this helps.....
Will

Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by Tanya O'Brien In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500

I download the news dirvers from canon and cord is bi-directional

Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by dmiles In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500

Make sure you have the connections and power is on properly,turn the printer on,Load the cd and if the system runs on auto reload the drivers,and software.If this does not work,go to device manager in the control panel,and check to see if their is aconflict.

Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by Tanya O'Brien In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500
Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by Jim_Unger In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500

Start by checking your new BIOS setup to ensure that the printer port is set to bi-directional and is correctly configured. Next check that you system has no conflicts in the SYSTEMS section of the CONTROL PANEL. Some of the new motherboards system resources may conflict with the printers drivers. Download that latest drivers from Canon. COMPLETELY uninstall the current drivers before loading the new ones. I have had this problem with other printers and the uninstall/reinstall works 98% ofthe time and system conflict and printer death account for the other 2%.

Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by Tanya O'Brien In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500

I did that

Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by mphoffar In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500

The bios answers are right on. You should be able to do something like a dir > lpt1 (or whatever it is) without anything hooked up and if it goes then there shouldn't be anything wrong with the printer port. If there is something wrong with the port you'll get a timed out or something like that.

I'd be wondering if the cable was plugged in backwards if it all or even if the printer port on the motherboard is bad.

Mark

Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by Tanya O'Brien In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500
Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by Jim_Unger In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500

P.S. In some cases Windows will try to reinstall the residual drivers left after an uninstall. Force Windows to look for the new drivers. If Windows automatically installs the old ones, delete the printer from the SYSTEM panel then use the Canon setup program to install the printer.

(Don't accept both answers that I have given seperately if you do. I forgot this step in the earlier one. Thanks)

Collapse -

Canon MultiPass C3500

by Tanya O'Brien In reply to Canon MultiPass C3500

I did that.

Back to Desktop Forum
12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Related Discussions

Related Forums