Canon PIXMA MP160 with Windows VISTA

By rolheijb ·
I could not use the provided set up software for the printer, I had to download updated software from the canon website to get the printer working with VISTA. I cannot find any sofware to get the scanner to operate. Does anyone know where I can get the proper software that includes MP Navigator that will work with VISTA?

Signed a frustrated non techi

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

MP160 not compatible with Vista

by kaleiwahine In reply to Canon PIXMA MP160 with Wi ...

I'm pretty po'ed also. I have tried downloading the Vista version from Canon's web site and nothing works. My PC wil not even recognize the MP160 as a perpheral. Such a waste of time. I am now installing it onto my old laptop- since Vista just is useless with everything.

Collapse -

by PC-guru In reply to MP160 not compatible with ...

vista has trouble with almost all usb printers. after installing the driver package you have to manually go to device manager and update it under other devices and browse computer and point it to C://windows and tell it to doesn't do it on its own....i know i work for canon

Collapse -

by glschramm In reply to Canon PIXMA MP160 with Wi ...

Same problem -- it's really pi@#ing me OFF!

Cannon and Or MSFT should have a solution by NOW!

Get Real!!!

Collapse -

by pimpclea In reply to ME TOOO!!!

Collapse -

by PC-guru In reply to Canon PIXMA MP160 with Wi ...

actually the scanner driver is a windows driver that comes default with windows
and mp navigator runs with it if you have more then one scanner installed it will use those resources so go to device manager and me i work for canon

Collapse -
by HKNon In reply to Canon PIXMA MP160 with Wi ...

Hi there,

The driver posted in the drivers/downloads tab here: (Wait a moment for the list to load, choose Vista from the OS dropdown.) worked fine for me. : - )

- Heather

PS MS has nothing to do with the driver issues. The companies producing the drivers have to make updated drivers for new OS's produced by anyone. With MS, a Software Dev Kit is even provided to do so, with support to help them update their code. It is their choice whether or not/ how fast they choose to utilize it. : - P : - ) MS's OS, while less performant than some others which control the hardware their OS is placed on, supports the option of a nearly endless number of drivers being dev'ed by hardware companies in this way. (to the odd mixture of happiness and frustration of consumers everywhere, very often... ; - ))

Back to Web Development Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)