Question

canon powershot A495

By sandeep_200797 ·
I have canon powershot A495 digital camera come with UniRoss X-Press Mini Battery Charger can i use Sanyo Eneloop NiMh AA 2000 maH battery in this charger or i have to buy Eneloop charger...?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I wouldn't have a clue

by OH Smeg In reply to canon powershot A495

But what does the charger that came with the Cannon say on it?

There is a specification Label generally on the back/bottom of the charger that lists it's input voltage as well as Charge Voltage and Amperage. If that tallies with the battery you can use it for that battery type.

Only thing is that if the replacement battery has a Higher MAH Ratting is it's going to take longer to charge as the charge rate is fixed.

The general answer to your question can i use Sanyo Eneloop NiMh AA 2000 maH battery in this charger or i have to buy Eneloop charger...?

Should normally be Yes you can use the old charger with the new battery but if the old battery didn't last long it's possible that a better featured charger will treat the new battery better.

Ideally these charges should have a facility to fully discharge these batteries first and then fully charge them after the charger has finished discharging the battery.

Most Chargers just top up the battery and this allows the battery to develop a Memory Faster so it no longer gets fully charged no matter how long you may leave it in the charger.

It's always better with any Rechargeable Batteries to run them through a Fully Charged to fully discharged then fully charged cycle though with most devices that use these batteries it's not possible or a good idea to allow the batteries to fully discharge. In the case of camera's it can mean long times between being able to take pictures with batteries not fully charged.

Col

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)