Question

Can't access from XP to Win 2000 Pro's shared folder

By rlopez ·
Hi

I have a peer-to-peer network. When I want to access from Windows XP machine to the Windows 2000 Pro's shared folders in another machine, it displays the Username and Password prompt. I'd like that anybody could connect to these shared folders in win 2000 pro machine without entering her/his username and password. I granted access permissions to Everyone group, but the Username and Password prompt continues appearing. How can I disable the login to access the shared folders in windows 2000 Pro?
Thanks.
Regards.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Reconnect at logon

by Jacky Howe In reply to Can't access from XP to W ...

Stores the current setting of the Reconnect at logon check box in the Map Network Drive dialog box in Explorer. If Reconnect at logon is selected when you map a drive using the Map Network Drive wizard, the system connects the drive to the computer when you log on again.
You can also Connect using a different name if the Reconnect at logon check box is ticked.

If you are using a script to Map the Drives.

net use/persist:yes or net use/persist:no

Collapse -

Also when you shared the Folders on the 2000 Pro unit

by OH Smeg In reply to Can't access from XP to W ...

You may have included the need to enter a Password there. Look in the Sharing Proprieties and delete the need to enter a Password and open up the sharing on this computer.

Col

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)