Question

can't find default location of Outlook 2003 Contacts file

By jimredfield ·
I accidentally deleted a business mailing list from my Outlook 2003 Contacts and want to swap in a back up of the whole Contacts file from yesterday (thank you Norton Ghost for auto archiving every night) to restore it. Nothing else has changed in the Contacts file since yesterday, so overwriting today's version won't cost me anything. But where is the Contacts file and what's it called?

Tnx in advance. ...one of those days over here.

Jim

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Import

by wancona In reply to can't find default locati ...

Not qure if this will help or not.

Either save the contact to a folder on the desktop, where you can then import them ino outlook 2003 or go straight to import and import from the backup source folder.

Collapse -

.pst

by bincarnato In reply to can't find default locati ...

Assuming you are in a POP3 email enviroment and not exchange, search your PC for a file with the extension ".pst". Typically it is in:
C:\documents and settings\your-username-here\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook

This will have all mail, calendar, contacts, and any other Outlook data. I would use ghost and extract that file to a known location and then use import in Outlook to just import contacts. You can tell it to import everything but then you want to be certain to check the "do not import duplicates" or you will have two of everything.

Back to Malware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)