General discussion

can't open outlook 2000

By fel2k ·
We have an exchange server and we are using outlook 2000 as our client application. It just happen that one of our workstation can't is not able to access his e-mail using outlook 2000. When he opens it display the banner of outlook 2000 then hangs-up. It says outlook 2000 is not responding. But when using the exchange client application he is able to access his e-mail. I tried reinstalling office 2000 and delete the directory but still the same problem. Please I need solutions ASAP.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

can't open outlook 2000

by jlouis45 In reply to can't open outlook 2000

check whether the exchange server name is given properly. Also check the LAN connection in the outlook settings. Outlook hangs only when the exchange server is not working fine. So i suggest you remove the full setting from the outlook (not reinstalling) and again do the settings from the scratch. This should solve the problem

Collapse -

can't open outlook 2000

by fel2k In reply to can't open outlook 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

can't open outlook 2000

by Stillatit In reply to can't open outlook 2000

Since the Exchange client and Outlook 2000 use the same profile, they are trying to open the same server and mailbox, so that is not the problem. They do not, however, use the same local files. You may have a corrupt .ost file (offline folders) in the user's profile, and reinstalling Outlook will NOT fix this. Look at:

C:\Documents and Settings\<<profilename>>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost

Good luck.

Collapse -

can't open outlook 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

can't open outlook 2000

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)