General discussion

Can't print to LPT1 in windows 2000

By fbcjoe ·
When I print to LPT1 the job starts by sending 25 bytes then waits indefinately. It will not finish. The system says that LPT1 is installed correctly. At a command prompt using DIR > LPT1 nothing happens. Network printing works fine (I am using AXIS print system which I uninstalled but I still can not print to LPT1) Using a spare Hard Drive I reinstalled WIN2000 on the same computer, It prints to LPT1 OK. So that rules out the Hardware on the computer and the printer. I reran setup but Itdid not help. Everything else seems to work OK. I am at the last step of a long multiweek process of seting up this computer which I intend to clone 12 times, so I need to resolve this. I don't want to start all over.

Can I just reload the printing System alone?
Any way to troubleshoot this further?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Top_Banana In reply to Can't print to LPT1 in wi ...

Stopping then restarting the spooler service is always a good thing to try when dealing with printing problems on Windows NT/2000.

Collapse -

by fbcjoe In reply to Can't print to LPT1 in wi ...

Well this may have worked. I say "may" because I also deleted LPT1 and rebooted causing it to reinstal. I then stopped/restarted the print spooler and it all works! I'm happy! Thanks for the help, I'll give you the credit!

Collapse -

by fbcjoe In reply to Can't print to LPT1 in wi ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums