Question

Can't send/receive calendar invites - Outlook 2007

By J.Runn ·
I have a user that is connected via POP3 to our exchange server to access her email. She can send and receive email just fine but she cannot send or receive calendar appointments/invites. When she does, she gets this error message sent back to her:

"You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <name.domain.com #5.7.1>"

She has a Sony Vaio laptop with Media Center Edition as the OS, which is why we can't add it to the domain and use exchange. I realize we could use a VPN client but that isn't an option for her.

So using POP3 port 110 and SMTP port 587, she cannot send/receive calendar invites. Her POP3 setup on her laptop is the same setup as 90+ home users that can receive/send email and calendar invites just fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you for all the help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Anyone?

by J.Runn In reply to Can't send/receive calend ...

Has anyone known of this issue before? Does anyone know how to possibly fix this or know why this is happening?

Thanks!!!!!

Collapse -

Never Receive help

by J.Runn In reply to Can't send/receive calend ...

Has nobody ever heard of this before? There has got to be someone out there that can help. I'm tired of never getting solutions on here...
I guess its good that I end up fixing them on my own but then whats the point of this?

Can someone please help??

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)