General discussion

Can't send/receive in Outlook 2002

By juniorX ·
Hi,
I'm not able to send/receive emails with Outlook 2002. My ISP has a Web-based service for my accounts, and there it works fine with the same account settings.

I also d/l and installed Eudora to verify that this is a software problem. It is, because everything works just fine with Eudora.

I prefer to use Outlook, so I need help to solve this. My os is XP, I've tried everything I can figure out to do (firewalls, antivirus-proggies disabled etc) but I can't fix it.

This is the error messages I get. And Outlook also every time asks for password...
==========================

Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Bad login

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Unable to logon to the incoming mail server (POP3). Please verify the settings in the User Name, Password and E-mail fields.

Sendtest e-mail message: The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. To access these settings close this dialog, then click More Settings. Click on the Advanced tab.
==========================

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by k.scott2 In reply to Can't send/receive in Out ...

Just a thought

I had the self same problem. I had set up a an email address at a particular free ISP, this worked fine with outlook. HOWEVER when i logged on to the net through another ISP, I could no longer send mail through the account on the first ISP. The First ISP servers were restricted deliberately to only allow mail to be sent through when you were dialled in to them, not when connectd through another ISP.
If that is not the case, let me know....

Collapse -

by juniorX In reply to Can't send/receive in Out ...

Hi,
No this is not the case. I simply can't receive mail from my ISP, the same holding my Internetaccess. I'm connected all the time with the same provider.

I forgot to mention that I've tried uninstall/install Outlook. Didn't solve my problem.

Collapse -

by mshavrov In reply to Can't send/receive in Out ...

It's what MS says for this error:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q236/0/32.ASP

Good luck.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by hjs In reply to Can't send/receive in Out ...

Check to make sure to the accept password in plain text is checked.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)