General discussion

Carbonlib 1.6.0

By kchriso ·
my question is that i bought a audio program for my mac os9 and it needs Carbonlib 1.6.0 or greater run.. so what i did was go to zdnet.com on my windows and downloaded the csrbonlib for mac os9.. when i saved it onto the cd it it showed it was there on windows but as soon as i went to run it on the mac it just said media packet and showed nothing inside the cd.. what i'm i doing wrong? Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by slooksterpsv In reply to Carbonlib 1.6.0

What kind of connection to the internet do you have? If you have ethernet then you could just connect your mac up, use I.E. or Mozilla or that and you can connect. I've experienced problems downloading software and burning it so you're not alone. What kind of Mac is it?

Collapse -

by lyon_bleu In reply to Carbonlib 1.6.0

Windows doesn't recognize the resource fork of Mac OS files.
Downloading and expanding the file directly on the Mac should
solve your problem. Otherwise, be careful that the file is not
automatically expanded before transferring it to the Mac.

Hope this helps,

paul

Collapse -

by Australian Fun In reply to Carbonlib 1.6.0

At first, it's true that better download Mac soft, using Mac. At second, it's true that expanding Mac soft on Win will cause loss of resources (which are in use even on OS X). But...

I believe that the problem is Mac cannot understand the format of your CD. Did you burn it as ISO9660? Or as DLA disk (CD-as-diskette)? If the former, or you just used XP built-in CDRW support, then it's weird, because this way always worked for me (though, not sure if on OS 9 or OS X). Do you have ISO9660 extension installed? If the latter (DLA or CD-ad-diskette) then you're likely out of luck - OS 9 will almost certainly need a driver.

Also, be sure to download file in resource-less format. Like from Apple's site you get .bin, which has to be expanded by Stuffit Expander *after* you get the file on Mac. Also, if you use a standalone app on Win to burn, make sure that ISO9660 is chosen *without* any extras (rename the file if name is too long).

Good luck!

Back to Mac OS Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)