Catalyst 2950 loopback error

By rlynch@lockhartcadillac. ·
I am trying to hook up a sonicwall tz210 into an open port on our catalyst2950. Its the lan port on the sonicwall, and already configured with correct network information. Its the only switch on our network, and doesnt have any special config such as vlans, etc.. on it. Everytime I plug intot he switch port it end up giving errdisable, and loopback for the reason why. If I use a generic linksys switch with the sonicwall it will stay up and function, however i need to use the catalyst if possible. I have tried manually configuring the duplex speeds on both pieces of hardware, but no config seems to work. Is there something I need to turn on or off on that port in order to make that work. Thanks in advance for the help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Loopback error

by christianshiflet In reply to Catalyst 2950 loopback er ...

Can you disable loopback detection on the Catalyst?

Collapse -

by NetMan1958 In reply to Catalyst 2950 loopback er ...

Just for the hack of it, try going into interface config for the port that you are connecting to the TZ210 and issue "no keepalive" command and see if that makes a difference.

Collapse -

by rlynch@lockhartcadillac. In reply to Keepalives

the "no keepalive" solution did the trick. i was resarching it myself and thought I would ask on here as well. thank you both for the reply.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)