Question

CD R/RW for laptop Dell Inspiron 5000e

By Mastertone_Tech ·
I have a laptop Dell INSPIRON 5000e, which works great with WindowsXP. Last month, my CD R/RW drive went bad and I can not find another one. I have been searching the exact model. Can you recommend a CD R/RW that is compatible? This laptop runs on Pentium III. So, the CD can read but not burn DVD. It can read and write data, though. The model # of the CD drive I had (which failed) is UJDA310V DL2. I thank you in advance for the advice.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Is it a slot loader or..

A draw type?. Either of these you can get from any good shop and have it replaced at their service center (if they have one), or do it yourself (unless it is under guarantee) of which you just sent it off to get it fixed.

Please post back if you have more problems or questions.

Collapse -

NB Optical Drives are commonly available

by OH Smeg In reply to CD R/RW for laptop Dell I ...

But the main difference is that most go for a Full DVD Burner rather than a Combo Drive when they replace the existing Optical Drive.

Any Slim Line DVD Drive should fit the Dell as they use a Standard Drive. These are held in place by 1 screw that goes through the Mounting Bracket and 1 or 2 Screws that hold the Mounting bracket to the Optical Drive.

About the only possible problem will be to get one the right color so that it doesn't look out of place in the NB but otherwise it's just a matter of buying a new one and slipping the old out changing the Mounting Bracket and then slipping the new on in.

When I replace those Drives I always fit DVD Burners as the cost is minimal and for the few extra $ involved they get more flexibility.

Col

Collapse -

To clarify that.....

by robo_dev In reply to NB Optical Drives are com ...

Most laptop CD or DVD drives are all the same.

...sometimes you have to change the faceplate or take the interface adapter or mounting bracket off your old drive, but in most cases you can make it work.

In extreme cases you may need to do some surgery on the faceplate, or run it with no faceplate.

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)