General discussion

CD-RW HP8100i

By paulo ·
Who can tell me what can i do to put a CD-RW from HP model 8100i to record CD-Audio and to be able to listen to de music the recording is oK, cables are good, software seems ok, my Firmware is the latest from HP, i put the CD to play and the CD Player play, but sound just do nothing, what could be the problem.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

by OutlawX In reply to CD-RW HP8100i

you need to make sure that you are closing the disk or at least closing the session when done recording the tracks you want on the CD. the ones you have previously recorded that dont work. if you are using the adaptec ez cd go to the tools menu and close the disks you should be able to read them. and the other problem could be your regular cd player is an older one and its not multi spin, and will not read the cdrw disks.
hope it helps.

Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

by paulo In reply to CD-RW HP8100i
Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

by gbullers In reply to CD-RW HP8100i

I agree with all of the above you need to use CDR to play in most cd players, the audio files should be .wav format & of high quality to work, does it play on the cd writer in your computer ok? wasn't shure what player you meant if it is your cd writer in your computer with no sound then you need to check it with a regular audio cd to be sure it works, if not then the problem is with your computer sound settings. If you email me I will try to help with those. I have an 8100i drive and have had good success with it in making audio cds.

Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

by calves In reply to CD-RW HP8100i

You already have two good answers above, however, you did not mentioned if other music CDs play OK on your PC. If your answer is no, then you need to connect a audio cable from your CD-RW to your sound card.

Good luck!

Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

by Zeus who Frags In reply to CD-RW HP8100i

Hi. If the solutions above don't work, try this.
I don't know how far is your knowledge in CD-Audio. However, you must write .WAV files at the format : 16bits, 44100KHz, Stereo.
Moreover, be sure the file is not compressed (compressed WAV files exist).
Finally, be sure you are able to read CDRW in audio format. Try with CDR if you are not sure.
If you are not sure about hearing audio on your PC, try to plug your loudspeaker in the frontage of your CDROM device and adjust the volume with the"button" there (I don't know how you tell this in English).

"And so it begins..." (Kosh, Babylon5)

Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

by wtkool In reply to CD-RW HP8100i

Paulo I'm not sure from your question if you are using a conversion program like ",mp3 wizard" or not. When I make myself a cd I convert my mp3 formatted songs to wavs and then record the wav format to the cd. I have no problem playing the cd in anycd device/stereo

Collapse -

CD-RW HP8100i

Back to Desktop Forum
10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)