General discussion

chaintech s102310 462 socket need MB in

By Casemaker ·
Hi,
I have a Chaintech MB with a marking of s102310. This is the only identifying mark I can find. I need MB information for the front panel connectors. I went to chaintech and they don't list the 462 socket.
thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ctrservices In reply to chaintech s102310 462 so ...

Try clicking on "Support" at the Chaintech site, then click "Technical Support Request Form" and give the info to their technicians.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to chaintech s102310 462 so ...

Socket 462 is the same as socket A. For AMD Athlon/Duron processors.

can not find S102310 on their site but, you can use a free program from drivers.com that will scan your system and provide you with information on whats in your system.

SisSandra also can tell you what motherboard you have. here's a link

http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.html

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to

Thank you for your post. The MB is out of the system. I cannot id the power header on the MB.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to chaintech s102310 462 so ...

Stick it back in the system, install an O/S with internet access, then install Sandra or the drivers.com discovery program.

you could also try motherboards.org and get their MOBO ID tool [under tools] which should be able to identify you motherboard.

If you don't want to do that, maybe TheChas might have some suggestions, but until you know the model # of your motherboard you won't be able to get any tech docs which will give you pins out configuration.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to

and you mention you cant ID the power head.

welp, there is the ATX male 21 pin connector which matches up with the ATX female 21 pin connector on the motherboard or then there is the AT connectors which I believe is P8 and P9, both of which have guides on the female end on the motherboard for connecting them the right way.

only other suggestion is, if you can't figure out the power connectors, then take it to a qualified repair tech.

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)