Date: 8/11/2004
Time: 5:12:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MILKYWAY
Description:
The set of change keys in folder 4-42EBD were verified and
found to be correct.

For more information, click
http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event Category: General
Event I 1163
Date: 8/11/2004
Time: 7:12:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MILKYWAY
Description:
The set of change keys in folder 4-EA73 were automatically
repaired.

For more information, click
http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mikex In reply to Change Keys on Ex 2003

However, even bigger is that by default in Exchange 2003 SP1 retaining undeliverable messages in the Badmail folder is now disabled and its behavior is controlled by a set of registry keys.

Set under: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SMTPSVC\Queuing (note the spelling: ?Queuing?)

Value: MaxBadMailFolderSize
This is a DWORD which defaults to 0 if not set. It is the max size (in KB) that the Badmail folder can grow to before Badmail retension is stopped; thus setting it to 0 turns off the Badmail folder and prevents possible DoS attacks. Messages that would have been sent to Badmail will simply be discarded if the MaxBadMailFolderSize is set to 0. If you set this to -1 (0xFFFFFFFF in hex) it will revert to the pre-SP1 behavior of growing without bound.

Value: BadMailSyncPeriod
This is a DWORD which specifies how often we should check the size of the badmail folder (in minutes). If the BadMailSyncPeriod has not been reached, we won't rescan the directory and discover if Badmail items have been removed manually by the Admin.

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to Change Keys on Ex 2003

Frankly, although these are classified as "warning" messages, my guess is that they are purely informational and are probably only showing up because you have a high level of diagnostic logging set up for your Exchange site. Check your logging level for the Public IS and if it's set to Maximum or Medium, try dialling it down to Minimum, or even turning it off completely.

Hope this helps!

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)