General discussion

Change User SID 2000/2003 domain

By michaelsvoboda79 ·
Can I change the SID of an existing account to a sid of a recently deleted account? This account was a generic account that unfortunately has a big footprint on the result of many manual program installations. So I need to give this new generic account (with the same name) the SID of the deleted one so I don't have to visit remote workstations. Thanks in advance for some help here.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Easiest solution?

by jmgarvin In reply to Change User SID 2000/2003 ...

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/docid/1999050308324125?Open&src=&docid=2000081610075225&nsf=ghost.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

Collapse -

Got it

by michaelsvoboda79 In reply to Change User SID 2000/2003 ...

Thru some registry work I was able to make a .reg file to change the path of the my documents on the new sid to point to the old my documents path. Thanks for the help.

Collapse -

did you find a solution?

by mar25_hamdan In reply to Change User SID 2000/2003 ...

dear Mike ,
I have the same poblem where I can not log on to a domain . can I change the SID for windows 2003 server , so I can log on to my domain ???

Collapse -

solution for SID change

by amitabhsinghmail In reply to did you find a solution?

dear
you Problame related to camputer SID , i know a bast microsoft utility you can use .

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897418.aspx

its a bast way to change SID of a camputer ...
Thanx
AMI

Collapse -

Followup

by cpl101 In reply to Change User SID 2000/2003 ...

Ok - so I understand how to change a computer's SID. I don't understand how this works with a user's SID to fix the problem Mike was talking about. Can somebody point me in the right direction? I have the same problem as Mike.

Back to IT Employment Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)