General discussion

Changing print fonts in ClientAccess/400

By greynold ·
One of my AS/400 users recently got a new PC, so we installed Client Access on it so she can access the AS/400. When she prints now, her font is unusually small, as if the software is condensing it to print 132 columns on narrow 80-calumn paper - -but it prints sideways, in landscape mode. I have tried several times to change fonts, sizes, and printer types, but always get the same results, "Courier 10", though it is reduced in size to print on only the first 80 columns of the landscape modepaper. In configuring the printer session I have tried various printers, but when the box for "Transform print data to ASCII for AS/400" is checked, I always get reduced Courier 10, printing in landscape mode. If I uncheck the box, I get full-sizeCourier 10, but the font is jammed together into 80 columns, still printing sideways on the paper, in landscape mode.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by john22 In reply to Changing print fonts in C ...

I assume that the printer is attached to the PC, the user problems are when printing from the AS/400, and the printer is a device on the AS/400. If so, go to properties on the printer session (should be on the first tab) and change to use the localinstead of the host settings. You should also be able (on another tab) to control the CPI and LPI settings to futher define how the output looks.

Collapse -

by greynold In reply to Changing print fonts in C ...

Reply to the answer from John22:
No, it is not a locally-attached printe,it is a network printer. The printer is an HP LaserJet 5000, and the printer driver is the correct one. Printing from any other application is just fine.

Collapse -

Reply to the answer from John22:
No, it is not a locally-attached printe,it is a network printer. The printer is an HP LaserJet 5000, and the printer driver is the correct one. Printing from any other application is just fine.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by malexand In reply to Changing print fonts in C ...

Are you talking about Print Screens? or general printing of reports from her to the printer? (with everyone else not having a problem)

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Networks Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)