General discussion

Charging for Bug Fixes In Windows 2000

By jpass ·
I recently ran into a problem involving Active Directory Replication between Domain Controllers that I had to research on Microsoft Technet. It seems the exact problem I encountered is a KNOWN BUG in the software. Now they want to charge for a fix for a KNOWN BUG. Microsoft does have a bug fix available but it is not posted for download. The only way you can get access to this Bug Fix is to call Microsoft, give them your credit card number and they will give you access to the download. If, however, the Microsoft representative decides that your problem involves something other than the specifig bug in question. Microsoft will not reverse the charges you have incurred to get this Bug Fix. What adds insult to injury is that they also say this Bug Fix will be included free in the next Service Pack.
The specific article is called Name Collision in Active Directory Causes Replication Errors (Q281485). Once again, Bill Gates is proving that he is not only the Richest man on earth but he isalso the Greediest.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Darthkim In reply to Charging for Bug Fixes In ...

You have to tell them right away that all you need is the bugfix. NOTHING ELSE. Though my company has support options with Microsoft, there is no need to use them. I have never been turned down just by clarifying that i need ONLY the bugfix.

Alsomake sure to call the # for IT professionals.

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)