General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Chevy’s 2010 Olympic commercials

by oz_media ·

As we recently had a discussion on an Audi commercialI figured I’d post these.

Those that know me, know I am not a Chevy fan and I wonder how they justify spending [b]many[/b] millions of their government bailout money to get the sponsorship deal for the Olympics, other than on a predicted ROI.

The commercials hoewever, are absolutely awesome! Though, for one month of relevant promo, that is a pretty hefty price that better pay out for them.

Check out their YouTube Channel, which hass all the Olympic commericals (the sidebar lists them all) as well as a hilarious set of out takes that poses these ‘talking cars’ as actors. A lot of fun and very creative indeed,

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChevroletCanada?v=cQ462BMg_eo&feature=pyv&ad=4346279991&kw=2010%20olympic#p/c/C77B72C58AD89789

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

some pretty good ads

by .martin. ·

In reply to Chevy’s 2010 Olympic commercials

and I’m not one who likes car ads…

well yeah I guess

by oz_media ·

In reply to some pretty good ads

It’s Chevy, they got given a whack of cash and used it for marketing instead of engineering and problem resolution, but that’s their deal.

But the ads, as bloody expensive as they are, especially time slots, are actually pretty amusing.

I am always studying people’s marketing methods, and after the recent audi thread, that even made me drag up the old Ranierr Beer ads, I figured it was worth a post.

Perhaps not, it seems people are more interested in how effectively the US military tortures it’s prisoners. 😉

Viewing 0 reply threads