Question

Cisco 3650 Switch IOS deleted from FLASH

By cgadley ·
I'm currently in Cisco 3 class working on switches. I deleted (yes, I know) the IOS out of the FLASH.
Since I deleted the IOS I can only get to the switch: prompt and have so far unsuccessfully been able to upload an IOS to the flash.

I can't use xmodem as it will take many hours and the teacher wants me to fix it because I broke it (Yes, I know)

I'm trying to load a downloaded copy of the IOS from another switch through tftp
Cisco's documentation (that I found) only talks about tftp through priveledged exec mode. The teacher says it can be done, but I'm not seeing how.

Can anyone please help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

re: Cisco 3650 Switch IOS deleted from FLASH

by michael In reply to Cisco 3650 Switch IOS del ...

I *thought* you could set a basic IP address and copy it from another device or server. See the bootloader command reference at the url below:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_command_reference_chapter0**86a0080878051.html

Collapse -

Cisco 3650 Switch IOS deleted from FLASH

by cgadley In reply to re: Cisco 3650 Switch IOS ...

I've looked into the commands for boot and how they work. All I could figure was the same types of commands that are used to load an IOS for a Cisco Router. I was able to set those using the "Set" command" but still unable to work out how to execute the "tftp" transfer onto the switch. (Routers are easy compared to this... )

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums