General discussion

Cisco 7206 Won't boot

By c0nv1ct04 ·
We recently got a Cisco 7206 Router in, and are having some problems. We have a NPE, I/O 2FE, and a 6 port E1-PRI module installed. When we turn the power switch on, the leds flash then go off. When we pull out the I/O 2FE module the Power LED stayson. Does anyone know why this would happen?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Cisco 7206 Won't boot

by ckilday In reply to Cisco 7206 Won't boot

Have you tried to power up the unit with a PC attached to the console port? What happens? The 2FE module could be bad and drag down the power and the boot process. Try to boot with the 2FE module installed and also with it removed. If the unit won't boot with the 2FE module in but will when it's removed, I would say the 2FE module is bad and go to Cisco or your vendor for a replacement. If the 7206 won't boot regardless of whether the 2FE module is there, then you have another problem. Contact your vendor or Cisto TAC for assistance/replacement. Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
- ck

Collapse -

Cisco 7206 Won't boot

by c0nv1ct04 In reply to Cisco 7206 Won't boot

I have come to find out that the 7206 does not support the 2FE I/O controller unless you have VXR chasis. I did use you method of finding out that the 2FE I/O module was causing the problem.
Thanks,
Jason

Collapse -

Cisco 7206 Won't boot

by c0nv1ct04 In reply to Cisco 7206 Won't boot

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)