Question

Cisco 877w wireless configuration

By josh.cisco ·
I've configured the 877w for adsl and wireless with one issue pending, the wireless light (ok light) is blinking and not steady lit. the client on the lan as well as the WLan gets an ip address very slowly.

Browsing is ok.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Clarify

by robo_dev In reply to Cisco 877w wireless confi ...

I assume you're using the 877 as the DHCP server?

Are there any other routers on the network?

For the wired ethernet ports, sometimes it helps to use the portfast config settings as sometimes spanning tree can slow the connection setup process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800b1500.shtml

Also, it can help to lock a port and device to a given speed/duplex setting, since a mismatch will cause issues.

Does the WLAN client make a successful connection, despite the blinking? I would assume that it would blink when it was associated but not authenticated.

Collapse -

for the cases like

by ogproduction In reply to Cisco 877w wireless confi ...

the blinking light is to show the signal are moving or transport so if there is light and you dont have connection deal with the software configuration only it will help

Collapse -

All works fine

by josh.cisco In reply to Cisco 877w wireless confi ...

@robo_dev - Yes the wifi clients work properly and they get the ip's. yes i belive it has something to do with the authentication, don't how to resolve it. any ideas ?

@ogproduction - that light is the data light which blinks to show packet traffic. What i am talking is about the 'OK' light that is next to packet transfer light.

Thanks,
George

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)