General discussion

Cisco RAS 3640

By khaledb66 ·
How many users can you create on the
Cisco RAS 3640 box with out degrading the performance of the ras server.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Cisco RAS 3640

by uffe.sommerlund In reply to Cisco RAS 3640

hi there

It depends on the Line (ISDN BRI 2 B Channels max 2 users simultanius) ISDN PRI US Standardized 23 B Channels EU Standard 30 B Channels) 1 B Channels is 1 user. Max load is 8MB meaning 4XE1 BRI hmm 120 simultanius ISDN with 64 KB. The 3640
has also the possibility to use Mobile phones.

BR
US

Collapse -

Cisco RAS 3640

by khaledb66 In reply to Cisco RAS 3640

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Cisco RAS 3640

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Cisco RAS 3640

I am not sure if I understand your question but I think there are two ways of interpreting it.

If you are asking, how many

username xxx password xxx

commands you can put in, then the answer is lots. The Cisco 3640 has 128kilobytes of NVRAM for config file, which can also be compressed. The actual number of lines of configuration you could store would vary, but it is a very large number, some couple of thousand lines at least.

If you are asking what is the maximum number of dial in users then the answer is as many as you can connect to the box. This limit is 120 modems users, plus up to another 60 DOV or ISDN users. None of these will ever really generate enough traffic or use enough CPU power to slow a Cisco 3640 down.

The performance is determined by the CPU power of the unit. Keep an eye on the "sh proc cpu" command or use a tool to monitor CPU utilisation.

The Cisco3640 will happily go at about 40 -50Megabits/second. Caveat emptor - this number varies according to what you are doing on your configuration. Your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Collapse -

Cisco RAS 3640

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Cisco RAS 3640

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)