Question

• Creator
    Topic

cisco vpn and 2wire 2701

by barbwashburn ·

I use Cisco Vpn to access a client’s networks. I had 2wire 2700 with ATT dsl. Everything was fine until a storm knocked out the 2700. Service tech replaced it with a 2701. Now vpn shows it connects but cannot find the networks. Took laptop to client and they tried over an outside connection and it worked fine. Any suggestions as to what could be different ? I am very unskilled in all this. Thanks for any help.

Barbara Washburn

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by barbwashburn ·

In reply to cisco vpn and 2wire 2701

Clarifications

I have the same problem

by binh7177 ·

Have you resolved the problem yet? I have the same problem using Cisco vpn client and with ATT 2Wire 2701 router. VPN shows it connects but cannot find the networks. The vpn works fine when I bring the laptop to the friend’s house who has att dsl but using Netgear modem/router. Please let me know if you got the issue resolved. Thanks.

Same problem here…..

by amason ·

In reply to I have the same problem

Just wondering if either of you had resolved this issue yet, cannot get anywhere with AT&T of course!

Cisco CPN, Remote Desktop and 2Wire modem

by psantos ·

I’m having the same issue. Every single document I find from the 2Wire built in help says the Cisco client works, however, some configuration may be required on the server side. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I’ve been setting up my staff with VPN Connections for years now using all sorts of different routers and firewalls and NOT once have I had to configure anything on our firewall since I orginally configured it. Has anyone been able to find a solution to this yet? I refuse to call ATT. I’m at the point where I just will not recommend the 2Wire Modem/Firewall from ATT and instead stick to a Speedstream/ Netgear Router config. At least it works.

just incredible…

by alex.valenzuela ·

In reply to Cisco CPN, Remote Desktop and 2Wire modem

I Have the same problem
        This is what I got from a 2wire support Rep..

Discussion Thread
        Response (Charles H.) 09/10/2007 07:59 PM
        Dear Alex,
        Thank you for contacting 2Wire Customer Support. The following is intended to answer your inquiry:

The only thing that you can do is try to use the older one. There are no plans to support IPSEC 50/51, as we are told.

If this response has not answered your question or resolved your issue you may visit our support Website at http://support.2wire.com or reply to this email.

Thank You,
        Charles H.
        2Wire Customer Support
        http://www.2Wire.com

Found my Solution

by amason ·

In reply to just incredible…

I ultimately fixed this by choosing “assign privite ip address” from 2-wire setup. It was set to assign the public addreess. Go figure.

no answer for me

by barbwashburn ·

I never managed to get my 2701 to work. I purchased another 2700 and it worked fine. Lightening got it last week. I hooked up my 2701 and had no problem. Client had replaced their vpn a few months ago with a newer version. That’s the only difference I know of. Good luck to everyone still having a problem.

VPN NAT TRAVERSAL ISSUE WITH 2WIRE

by angel ·

hi everyone, there is something called nat traversal, that the 2wire modems does not do by defaul. i can recall the exact point but it can be configured at the /mdc interface

best regards

Puedes ayudarme

by oskar_prez ·

In reply to VPN NAT TRAVERSAL ISSUE WITH 2WIRE

Hola veo que estas en Mexico al igual que yo, tengo este problema del 2wire y la vpn con el cliente cisco, se conecta pero no puedo entrar a los recursos de la red, podrias ayudarme.

Saludos

Viewing 4 reply threads