Question

Clear saved network password in windows 2000 professional

By Karolinger ·
I want to clear the network username and password saved to connect to a computer in a workgroup, so I can login to that other computer with a different username and password. In windows 2000 professional.

I have found this googling: "rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr". But it says "Error loading keymgr.dll The specified module could not be found" So my conclusion is that this only works with winxp.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Tweakui

by shasca In reply to Clear saved network passw ...

If I remember right the windows 2000 version of This free utility would let you control several settings in the logon precedure.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

Collapse -

Not for network logon

by Karolinger In reply to Tweakui

I downloaded and installed TweakUI. You are right, it let's you control some settings for the windows logon, but not the network logon.

Thanks anyway for trying. Much appreciated.

Collapse -

If you are

by Jacky Howe In reply to Clear saved network passw ...

connecting to a network drive open explorer and click on tools and click on Disconnect Network Drive. Left click on the drive and select OK. The next time that you map the drive it will ask for username and password.
<br><br>
<i>Keep us informed as to your progress if you require further assistance.</i>
<br><br>
<i>If you think that any of the posts that have been made by all TR Members, have solved or contributed to solving the problem, please Mark them as <b>Helpful</b> so that others may benefit from the outcome.
</i>

Collapse -

Not asking for password or username

by Karolinger In reply to If you are

I did what you explained, And it still connects to the other computer without asking for an username and password.

I'm most say that you are the person who is closest to my problem. You seem to understand it well. Thanks, for your help.

Collapse -

netlogon

by Jay217 In reply to Not asking for password o ...

Try the following in the command prompt.

NET USE /DELETE Z:

(to clear the mapped Z drive, the following all on one line will map the drive as a different user)

NET USE Z: \\ServerName\ShareName 'Password' /USER:DomainName\UserName

where:

Z = the mapped drive letter
ServerName = name of the computer
ShareName = folder path you want to connect to

'Password' = the users password. Beware if you put this in a logon script because this will be saved in clear text.

DomainName\UserName = the computer name where the user is and the actual users name.

Let me know if that helps!

Collapse -

OK

by Jacky Howe In reply to Not asking for password o ...

go to the other PC and look at the permissions on the Share as it sounds like it is open to Everyone. Lock down the access.
<br><br>
<i>Keep us informed as to your progress if you require further assistance.</i>
<br><br>
<i>If you think that any of the posts that have been made by all TR Members, have solved or contributed to solving the problem, please Mark them as <b>Helpful</b> so that others may benefit from the outcome.
</i>

Collapse -

Bypass Autologon.

by 1bn0 In reply to Clear saved network passw ...

It sounds likethe machine is set for Autologon.

Press and hold the shift key during the boot process and it should present the log on dialogue.

Logout and the machine should relogon under the original autologon account information.

Collapse -

Not for network logon

by Karolinger In reply to Bypass Autologon.

That's not for network logon, which is when you want to connect to another computer in a workgroup.

Collapse -

Delete using NET USE

by i_ocky In reply to Clear saved network passw ...

Open "CMD"
Type: Net Use (enter)
See the connection you want to remove
Type Net use \\The conection /delete
Then try to mapping using different password

Hope this help.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by rd In reply to Delete using NET USE

It works!
I've been looking for this since... 2000?
Thank you very VERY much!

Back to Software Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next