General discussion

Comments wanted for a HP laserjet 5550

By Blackcurrant ·
Hi

We have been using a HP laserjet 4550n since 2001 but this is now starting to struggle with the workload and is giving errors almost every day, despite having HP out several times to fix it. Although it has served us very well, it is just getting a little 'past it'.

We are considering purchasing a HP laserjet 5550dn as a replacement. I have just been looking on the web for user reviews but have not seen anything.

Has anyone been using one of these A3/A4 laserprinters? What do you think? They are sold as a 'workhorse', which is exactly what we need.

If anyone has any comments or can point me towards some well balanced reviews I would be very pleased indeed.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Hi,

in our company we are using around 6 of this HP LaserJet 4550n printer, 1 month ago we bought a HP LaserJet 5550n (with is nearly the same you want to buy, only without duplex).
We installed an additional paper tray at this printer, that we have the posibility to print both, A3/A4 with the same printer.
I can recommend this printer, to warm up, it takes around 1 minute, not 5 minutes like the 4550.
And the pictures have a brialliant resolution and sharpness.
Hope I could help you ...

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to

Hi, Your friend in an emergency :) thanks for your comments.

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to Comments wanted for a HP ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)