General discussion

Company Has Win2000 Server need 5 cals

By kimscomputing ·
Is there a place online to purchase and download the cals. If you buy at a store does it come with a disk or how do you load the cals.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jschein In reply to Company Has Win2000 Serve ...

Every 2k Server comes with 5 CALs. If you need help changing your installed #, press F1 on the server for help and do a search for CAL. It will take you through step by step of upgrading or changing.

If you need to purchase CALs, contact microsoft directly and do not use sources such as E-Bay due to high scams and used software that cannot be tranferred.

Collapse -

by kimscomputing In reply to

Can I upgrade and pay for the cals without purchasing them in a store and having them sent to me so I can immediately set them up

Collapse -

by mgonzales In reply to Company Has Win2000 Serve ...

The cal process is kind of an honor system. When we order cals for our network they come as an e-mail stating how many we purchased. It a matter of updating the license manager with what is purchased. Nothing to download or install.

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Company Has Win2000 Serve ...

the first answer was really a good suggestion. Don't know why you rejected it.

CALs usually come on floppy disks. My additional 5 CALs did [though I use W2K server] Don't know if W2003 server CALs come on CD though seems like a waste of space.

I dont know of anyone who sells CALs as a downloadable item. CALs come with sticker to put on the machines as well as the standard "official" "Genuine" Microsoft product paper work.

Like the first answer said, the server software comes with 5 CALs. Depending upon the # of clients and the # of servers said clients will access, one sets up the CALs on a per seat or per server basis.

Collapse -

by kimscomputing In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by kimscomputing In reply to Company Has Win2000 Serve ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)