General discussion

Compaq nx9010 & LG Projector

By wkekana ·
I have recently acquired an LG RD-JS31 DLP Projector. When I use it with my notebook vertical lines appears during the powerpoint presentation. Tried to change the VGA cables, not luck. Please help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Dr Dij In reply to Compaq nx9010 & LG Projec ...

probably used?

did you try with someone else's notebook?

I presume this is all the time when hooked up, not just in powerpoint?

I'd look closely at both notebook vga out pins (if it only happens on this notebook) or the projector vga in pins if happens on two notebook PCs. see if any pins look pushed back or loose, not making good contact.

if it happens on just your notebook then is vga output electronics problem. there is circuitry that the signal goes thru to generate the VGA that is not used to drive the notebook's lcd (which I presume is not showing vertical lines or you would have mentioned it)

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Compaq nx9010 & LG Projec ...

There is another possibility as well here and that is that the Screen Setting are too high for the projector.

To check this connect the projector and turn it on and then on the desktop right click on the desktop and left click on proprieties then settings. There will be 2 displays active left click on the second display numbered 2 and check the resolution settings lower them if necessary too what is recommended by the LG's Manual and then try again. NB If you don't have the projector plugged in and running you'll not be able to change the Screen Resolutions or access any settings for that Video Output.

Col

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)