General discussion

compaq prolinea 5133 p-133

By zlitocook ·
It's been a while, how do I get into the BIOS at boot up. And when adding memory do I need to tell the BIOS it's there? Any tips and tricks you can think of? This is a system I am building for cost with win98, but only has 8mb of memory. I want to put 32mb in the system. Compaq was no help. No O/S installed, f10, f2, esc, and del did not work to get into the BIOS.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by zlitocook In reply to compaq prolinea 5133 p-13 ...

The system has not been flashed or romed. It's just as it was shipped from the factory. I still like white boxes better! At least you can get to things with out much trouble.

Collapse -

by True_Texan In reply to compaq prolinea 5133 p-13 ...

Take a look on the Compaq page:

http://www.compaq.com/support/files/prolinea/us/locate/4_13.html

There is a RomPack out that appears to enable F10 for setup. One tip that I would offer is to apply any of the RomPacks available for the machinebefore starting your adventure. Also, use the Compaq drivers when you can. Things will usually be smoother that way.

In any case, to upgrade the memory, you should not need to access the BIOS. It should see the memory. It may even give you a message letting you know that the memory size has changed and offer to take you to the BIOS so that you can confirm it.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

It turns out you can only add memory two at a time, edo non parity. Getting into the bios would not have helped.
thanks

Collapse -

by fenaikh In reply to compaq prolinea 5133 p-13 ...

Hi
pls download this file from compaq.
sp4711.exe 2.1 MB
http://www.compaq.com/support/files/prolinea/us/download/303.html

It will create two diskettes:
1. A Setup program which helps you configure your prolinea 5133 p-133
2. A diagnostics program which tests the computer and report the identity and settings of its components.

Good luck

Mohamed
***Very Important NOTE *********
After you copy the URL a space or a %20 maybe gets inserted in the URL when you paste it into your browser. Delete any spaces or such characters from the URL for the page to be loaded.

Collapse -

thanks any way I searched for hours and found what I need. I have installed every thing I need too. I have to stop doing these for free!

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)