Question

Complicated Macro Problem... Excel 2007

By Spaynewall ·
Good day,

Every three months I have a report downloaded from an accounting program to Excel.

The report contains data running from columns A-J and down as far as row +- 35000 depending on the period.

I use a formula which, based upon certain criteria in each row, will give me a value in column M. Every so often (no set pattern) a value (eg: 'CDWNH2336') will occur in column A and then again slightly further down in the same column. I will have to total the figures in column M in the same row as that second(CDWNH2336) appears, and only the values that occur in between both values.

Ie: CDWNH2336 occurs in A4 and then again in A32. I have values in cells M5,M7,M29,M31. I will need to total them in row 32 (it does not matter in which column as long as it is line with the second CDWNH2336). I will need a macro that maybe searches for blank cells in between the two CDWNH2336's, then sums column M for those blank rows and displays that data in line with the second CDWNH2336.

I hope that made sense at all. I will send a fragment of the sheet to anyone willing to try this. This will cut out ALOT of manual labour and I would highly appreciate it. Not too sure how else to describe this... So, I eagerly await someone with VB and Macro knowledge to astound me.

Thanking you,
Wayne

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You are asking us to do this FOR you for FREE?

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Complicated Macro Problem ...

If your current level of knowledge doesn't include writing MACRO's, I suggest you hire a consultant to help you with it.

You (a new member) are asking us (many of whom make their living doing this stuff) to write custom programming for you for FREE. I don't think that's going to happen.

If you gave it a try yourself and encountered problems, we would be willing to help with specific questions. But to ask us to do it all for you isn't going to fly around here.

Collapse -

Thanks.

by Spaynewall In reply to You are asking us to do t ...

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I should've looked around a little more before adding this post.

I followed a link to the site, saw a question simliar to this asked, and saw a few positive responses. I figured I'd try it out?

I had attempted this a few months back (last period) and came up against a brick wall due to my lack of Visual Basic knowledge. I will attempt this again, and post what I have tried and perhaps a few nudges in the right direction will get me there.

Thanks again for the reply, apologies all around for the apparent insult.

Kind regards,
Wayne

Collapse -

You did not insult us.........

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Thanks.

That wasn't an insult. You've simply asked us to provide you with a complete project for free which you would normally have to pay for.

Jump in and get your feet wet with VB. If you hit a brick wall and need help with a statement, we'll be glad to help. We just won't write the whole thing for you.

Collapse -

Noted.

by Spaynewall In reply to You did not insult us.... ...

I have a few books now and a base with which to begin... I'll shout if I get stuck.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Wayne

Collapse -

Did you ever get this resolved?

by woodyreedy In reply to Noted.

Did you ever get this resolved? If not, I'd be willing to help you with it.... FREE!

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums